Summers in SoFl are usually hot, when the humidity is high it's hard to enjoy, but when the air is clear of moisture it's lovely. The gardens are getting a regular weekly dose of rain. The mangos are dropping one or two or three a day. I have been enjoying them with plain yogurt or in a lassi. You say what is a lassi, well it's an Indian drink to cool one off in the summer's heat.
Here is my recipe. I use a Magic Bullet, large cup size.
Fill the container 2/3 full with very ripe juicy mango, ( cut along pit on each side starting from the stem end and then score the fruit and scoop out with a large spoon. You can also cut more from around the pit.) This recipe takes one large mango like the one shown below.
then add no fat or low fat plain yogurt (I love organic Stoneybrook Farm plain fat free) almost to the top
add a pinch of sea salt, I used pink Himalayan salt, then
drizzle in a little honey, I used Florida native Orange Blossom honey ( made in the US only )
Blitz in Magic Bullet. Enjoy. Fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment